• Advance booking recommended. online. Full payment is taken at the time of booking unless alternative arrangements have been agreed, in writing, by Forthwild Ltd. Tickets are not transferable and are valid only for that date and sailing.
• At the time of booking, a contact mobile number and if possible an email address to be provided so that we can advise passenger/s of any delays, cancellations due to weather. It is recommended that passengers contact Forthwild to ensure that their trip is sailing.
• Passengers must be fit and agile enough to board the vessel unaided and be able to negotiate harbour steps and/or ladders where required.
• Thalassa is a RIB (rigid inflatable boat) and unsuitable for anyone with back problems or who is pregnant.
• Minimum age for the RIB is 5
• Children under 16 years of age must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
• Passengers must arrive at least 20 minutes prior to departure time and at the correct location either Dunbar or North Berwick.
• No refunds will be provided to any passenger who fails to board on time and misses the boat.
• Lifejackets are provided and must be worn on the boat at all times.
• Weather conditions at sea can be cold and wet therefore suitable protective clothing should be worn. It is advisable to have a waterproof bag for cameras
• The Skipper has the right to refuse any passenger and their decision is final.
• Minimum passenger numbers apply – See under Cancellations
• Passengers have a safety briefing before embarking. When on board any additional safety instructions, given by the Skipper or crew must be observed.
• Any passenger causing disturbance or being a safety risk to other passengers will be taken ashore.
• Passengers must remain seated at all times until the crew advises that it is safe to do so.
• Smoking is not permitted on board.
• The consumption of alcohol is prohibited unless pre-arranged with Forthwild for private charters.
• An experienced Guide will accompany you on board.
• With the various seasonal migration and departures certain wildlife species may not be spotted.
• On occasion weather and sea conditions may govern variations in timings and routes without notice. The Skipper will keep passengers advised. Should we return earlier than planned there will be no refund.
• Forthwild reserves the right to cancel the trip without notice. This can be due to a variety of reasons, including, but not limited to: changing weather and sea conditions; technical reasons; crew availability or lack of minimum passenger numbers. Minimum number 8
• Should it be necessary to cancel a boat trip for any reason an alternative date will be offered or a full refund will be provided.
• If a passenger cancels a trip, these are subject to the following terms:
3 days or less – No refund.
Between 4 and 9 days – 50% refund
10 days and over – 100% refund
• If a passenger wishes to request an alternative date or time, this can only be considered by Forthwild where a reschedule will not reduce passenger numbers below the minimum required for a sailing to go ahead.